Staff Reporter – Kolkata
THOMSON TV offers best affordable Smart TVs in INR 699 per month. The brand which believes in offering best of technology and premium design products while keeping the budget friendly Indian consumer in mind launches three new models- 55 4K Android- INR 37,99 । 43 Full-HD SMART- INR 18,499 , 65 AOSP- INR 52,999 , Thomson TV is seeing increased sales from West Bengal and this festive season the brand is expecting to sell approx. 10,000 units only in the state itself. Thomson will be investing into more service centers and warehousing facilities as well. Thomson has been a household name since the early 90s. After dominating the sector for years, the brand decided to focus on its home market (France) and exit India. Thomson had been away for 15 years but the name has remained ingrained in people’s memory and it’s re-entry in 2018 has been a testimony to that. Super Plastronics Private Limited, leading manufacturing firm headed by Avneet Singh Marwah, exclusively bought the license for Thomson for India. Today, Thomson TV has become amongst India’s top selling TV companies in the online space.
Some of the brand’s major milestones & launches in FY 2018-19:
- April 2018: launches 43 4k; 40 smart and 32 smart
- June 2018: launches non-smart Tv’s – 24, 32 and 50
- June 2018: launches an all new UI
- July 2018: sells 30,000 units in 45 days!
- September 2018: launches 50 and 55 4k UHD Tv’s
- October 2018: Thomson tops number 3 position in online Tv sale!
- December 2018: announces investment of 150 crores in new manufacturing!
- February 2019 : announces integration with ZEE 5 as content partner
- March 2019: launches India’s first 40, 4k
- June 2019: launches first made in India Android TV – OFFICIAL ANDROID
- In line with the government’s Make in India mission, Thomson televisions are entirely manufactured in India, without any compromise on quality. The company entered the premium segment by launching its range of ‘Official Android TVs’ entirely made in India, the only company to do so.